What are the 10 largest countries in Africa?
Top 10 Largest African Countries
- 10) Ethiopia (1,104,300 square kilometers) Ethiopia is located in the Horn of Africa. …
- 9) South Africa (1,219,090 square kilometers) …
- 8) Mali (1,240,192 square kilometers) …
- 7) Angola (1,246,700 square kilometers) …
- 6) Niger (1,267,000 square kilometers) …
- 5) Chad (1,284,000 square kilometers)
Which country is the most biggest in Africa?
Algeria is the biggest country in Africa. Exceeding 2.38 million square kilometers as of 2020, Algeria is the African country with the largest area.
Countries in Africa as of 2020, by area (in square kilometers)
|Characteristic||Area in square kilometers|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||2,344,858|
Is South Africa the richest country in Africa?
Mauritius is the wealthiest country in Africa on a per capita basis and SA is in second place.
Is South Africa the smallest country in Africa?
1) Seychelles (451 km2) – The Smallest Country in Africa
It is the smallest African nation. The nation comprises of an archipelago containing 115 islands. With just 92,000 inhabitants it is the smallest sovereign country in Africa.
How big is South Africa?
South Africa is about 1.3 times bigger than Nigeria.
Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, while South Africa is approximately 1,219,090 sq km, making South Africa 32% larger than Nigeria.
What is the smallest African country?
The smallest nation in the continental mainland of Africa is The Gambia. Seychelles is an archipelagic island country in the Indian Ocean at the eastern edge of the Somali Sea. It consists of 115 islands. Its capital and largest city, Victoria, lies 1,500 kilometres (932 mi) east of mainland Africa.