If your application for an identity document will not be completed in time for you to be able to vote, you can apply for a temporary identity certificate (TIC). The TIC will cost R70-00. You will need: ID number for verification.
How long is a temporary ID valid for in South Africa?
This licence is valid for only six months and can be issued at any driving licence testing centre (DLTC). Go to the nearest driving licence testing centre with the following: Certified copy of your identity document (ID) or temporary ID. Proof of postal and residential address e.g. utility account.
How much does it cost to make an ID in South Africa for the first time?
You can get a South African ID if you are a South African citizen or permanent resident and are aged 16 years or older.
Applying for an Identity Document.
|Types of Applications||Cost of Applications||Photographs|
|Replacement of an ID or Smart Card||R140||Two identical ID photos|
|Temporary ID||R70||Two identical ID photos|
Can I apply for my ID at capitec?
Capitec can’t accommodate Home Affairs service desks for Smart ID and passports in its branches, a spokesperson for the bank has told MyBroadband. … Once the smart ID or passport is ready, you collect it through the same bank branch.
What documents are needed for ID in South Africa?
Applying for an Identity book / Identity document for the first time
- Form BI-9, completed in black ink.
- A certified copy of your Birth certificate or reference book or a copy of the old Transkei, Bophutatswana, Venda or Ciskei homelands identity or travel documents.
Can I apply for my sa id online?
Through Home Affairs’ online application system and partnership with banks, applying for a smart ID card has become a little easier. … e-Home Affairs allows people who are aged between 30 and 35 years old to apply for their smart ID cards and passports, upload supporting documents and pay for their applications online.
How do I get my South African ID without a birth certificate?
* If you don’t have a birth certificate
- Completed forms DHA-24, DHA-24/A x 2 and DHA-288 to register the birth. …
- If you are a citizen, you need to bring your valid South African ID.
- If you don’t have a valid South African ID, you need to submit Form BI-9 to apply for an ID.
Which bank can I apply for my ID?
The service is now available across seven FNB branches, including Merchant Place (Gauteng), Centurion Lifestyle (Gauteng), Lynnwood (Gauteng), Greenpoint (Western Cape), Burgersfort (Limpopo), The Glen (Gauteng) and now Cornubia (KwaZulu-Natal).
Does capitec do ID cards?
The smart ID is now available at both ABSA and Nedbank. … Members of the public can also get thier passport from banks like FNB, Capitec and Nedbank. According to FNB, All South Africans in the designated and qualifying age groups can get a Smart ID, however, FNB primarily services its customers.
How do I apply for a FNB ID card online?
- Register + pay. Visit the Department of Home Affairs website. Select ‘eChannel’ …
- Choose a branch + book your appointment. Login to your eChannel profile. …
- Visit the branch. Visit the FNB branch at the date and time you have selected.
Can I apply for my ID at Absa?
Get your Smart ID card at Absa in less than 30 minutes. … The online application process for your Smart ID and passport is similar to SARS e-Filing – so it’s pretty user friendly. The Department of Home Affairs will install offices within Absa, facilitating efficient and more secure ways of servicing South Africans.
What should I do if I lost my ID?
Request a Replacement Driver’s License In-Person
- Report Your License Lost or Stolen. Some states require you to file a police report if your driver’s license has been lost or stolen. …
- Request an Appointment at the DMV. …
- Complete the Replacement Request Form. …
- Drop Off Your Paperwork at the DMV & Pay the Associated Fee.